Spiritfarer was een bijzondere game waarbij je stervenden diende te begeleiden in hun laatste stap naar het hiernamaals. Deze stervenden werden neergezet als dierlijke spirits en met een update is hier nu een nieuwe naam bijgekomen.
De "Beverly" update verwijst qua naam naar het nieuwe karakter en voegt hiernaast nieuwe features, Quality of Life veranderingen en verhalende tweaks toe. Onderstaand een volledige uiteenzetting van wat de update brengt:
Beverly – A tiny owl found in Oxbury.
- Beverly’s house.
- Full length spirit questline.
- New Save System – You can now have three save slots.
- New Station: Archive Room – A place where you can store and look up old documents. Prime location to view treasure maps or Acetates.
- Buck’s Lottery Littery Reviews – Special magazines that contains a series of quests with treasure maps.
- Radio in the Lounge – Hang out by the bar and take a listen to any of the songs from the soundtrack you’ve heard before.
- New spicy foods have been added:
> Laska – A delicious spicy noodle soup that will cure any cold.
> Milquetoast – It’s just wet bread.
> Flamin’ Firebirdz – After a bag of these bad boys, you won’t even feel your face.
> Aloo Gobi – A vegetable delight with flavor to boot.
> Chai Latte – A spicy drink for cold or hot days.
> Chilaquiles – A breakfast classic for people in the know.
> Dakgangjeong – Sweet, crispy and spicy. Three delicious words!
Quality of Life Improvements
- You can now keep track of required materials for buildings, houses, stations and improvements inside the Captain’s log.
- Destination Queue – Select up to three points to explore in a single travel!
- New “Safe Travel” mode for travelling, which automatically skips events during your next travel.
- You can enable and disable Alex’s bus station music.
- In-game optional assistance for all Elena’s events when you fail.
- New Watering Upgrade and visuals for Field and Garden (Quest rewards)
- Sitting on any chair at night now enables the Stargazing mode, which hides the buildings and shows the starry night sky.
- Added more drawings from Stanley!
- “Going to sleep” sequence is now faster.
- Small screenshake when you use the light burst ability.
- Documents in Inventory – New to Old, the red appears on them to mark them as “new.”
- New Game Options
> Screenshake (scale 1-10).
> Controller vibrations (scale 1-10).
> Input Source (Direct Input / Raw input).
> Text bubble size (scale 1-10).
> Game running in background (Disabled / Enabled).
- Improved Build Mode
> Ship View Mode – Disable the user interface to see your boat in full.
> The star cursor should be bigger and is now bound to the grid.
> Selecting a building should snap the cursor to the middle of said building.
> Hovering over buildings shows their name in the edit/improve mode.
- Small User Interface Tweaks
> There is a “No blueprint” text display when trying improve buildings with no improvements available.
> The “Build” button will now appear greyed out if you hover a building that you are unable to build.
- Tweaked the narrative surrounding Stanley’s takeover of the Guest house:
- A new shenanigan quest unlocks, which prompts the player to craft a new Guest house.
- Some spirits will complain about their lack of habitation. They will also show a “hates sleeping outside” mood debuff if they are forced to sleep outside.
- Added new narrative moments with some Spirits in some specific locations.
- Added hints to each character’s favorite food in their dialogs.
- Spirits now have more interactions with one another