Voorafgaande aan de release van WWE 2K19 heeft 2K nieuwe informatie naar buiten gebracht over de game. Ze geven verder aan dit de komende tijd te blijven doen, waardoor we onder andere meer leren over MyPlayer, Creation en Unvierse.
In hun laatste blog benoemen ze de volgende verbeteringen:
- An improved the framerate for matches with six or more characters on-screen; overhauled strikes, with over 250 new attack and reaction animations; a wider variety of offense for computer-controlled opponents; bolstered commentary, with over 15,000 new lines from the team of Michael Cole, Corey Graves and Byron Saxton; dozens of new match scoring conditions; and the ability to change controller assignments during Universe and Exhibition matches;
- New 5-Man, 6-Man, 8-Man and Royal Rumble match types;
- A more realistically proportioned Hell in a Cell structure that more accurately captures the tension of battling within;
- A revamped steel cage with new interactions, options, mini-games and the option to leave through the cage door;
- The ability to choose who is holding the Money in the Bank briefcase in Universe and Exhibition modes; ability to customize Money in the Bank briefcases and a variety of cash-in sequences;
- Addition of a new Payback System, a defensive mechanic that can turn the momentum of a match and get you back on track;
- Big Head Mode option to toggle on Big Heads for any WWE Superstar or created character!